In accordance with our NHS contract, all patients on our list have been allocated a named accountable GP who will be responsible for their overall care.
Your named GP will be: Dr Sorensen–Pound
What does this mean for you?
You will not see any notable change in the way care is delivered to you by our practice, just a formalisation of our current process. The responsibilities of your named GP will be to:
- Take the lead responsibility for ensuring that all appropriate services required by you from the GP practice are provided.
- Where required, use their professional judgement, to work with relevant health and social care professionals to deliver a care package that meets your needs.
- Ensure your physical and psychological needs are recognised and responded to by the relevant clinicians in the practice.
The role of the named GP will not:
- Be the only GP or clinician who will provide care to that patient.
- Take on 24-hour responsibility for the patient, or have to change their working hours.
- Imply personal availability for GPs throughout the working week.
Please note: You can still continue to see any GP at the practice.